Saturday, December 28, 2013

Moscow mules

Moscow mules are my favorite drink at the moment. I remember my first one took me aback as I found ginger beer too strong. I couldn't help but think of soup when I was drinking it, thinking of a popular Filipino soup that had ginger in it called Tinola. And then I don't know what came over me, I became addicted. And it is now my favorite thing to order. To make Moscow mules, you will need:
Copper mug
Crushed ice
Lime 
Vodka 
Ginger beer 
Fresh mint
 
Moscow mules are NOT the same when they are not drunk out of a copper mug. It keeps it super cold! And it is so refreshing!  
Fill mug with crushed ice. I prefer pellet ice, you know, like the one at Coffee bean and tea leaf but you can't buy that!
Add 2 oz vodka, 6 oz ginger beer, and juice of 1.5 limes. Add about 3 leaves of mint In the drink, and stir, and the garnish with a sprig of mint and lime peel. Like so. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment