Saturday, December 27, 2014

As promised. . .Wine County

California is full of wine counties. Even in between San Diego and Los Angeles, there is Temecula. And then just a couple hours north of Los Angeles is Santa Barbara, and you head up the 101 and it's wine wine wine. Up here there is Sonoma and Napa just to name of a few. October is the best time to go. It is harvest time and then after October it just gets cold. About 2 years ago, my boss got me a limo to wine county but I could not go because I had other obligations in October, and he would not send me after the good weather was gone. This year we made it right at harvest. So there were harvest festivals. One of the wineries I visited, the employees were having their last harvest party. So much wining and good food. Kunde Estates was our first stop, thier annual harvest fest was going on, Beringer for their tram tour and then we went to their sister winery. Fig cafe for lunch. We then headed to their downtown area for Sigh, a bubble bar. El Dorado for early dinner. You would have thought we were done, But no. We headed to Marin to cap the night at Picco's. We were def done by then.
yes. I'm the only one taking a selfies during the tour.





wine cave. mm,




 fries and wine


bubbles


el dorado kitchen


 picco


No comments:

Post a Comment