Sunday, December 21, 2014

Holiday Party


I threw a small but tasteful Holiday Party recently. On the menu, was baby lamp chops with bechamel and mushroom and shallot white wine sauce, prime rib roast, potatoes au gratin, blanched green beans in goat cheese and vinergerette, roasted brussels with cranberry and almonds. Cheese plate with boccoloni's orange and fennel salami and cranberry raspberry jam. I wanted us to drink wine. Red wine, bubbly wine, and whites, but in the end we still ended up having gin too. Bees Knees to be specific (rosemary, lavender, honey, lemon, gin). I don't have much pictures, because well, I dug in before I got photos. We had a Charlie Brown theme. My sister arrived with a charlie brown tree, which I don't have pics of and more Charlie Brown decor. My prime rib ended up perfect. We seared it, with perfect grill marks I might add. It was in my oven at 500 degrees for about 45 mins and I let it rest in the dutch over for a good 15 minutes. Night would not be a success without my helpful elves.
We even made my brown butter gingersnap crust pumpkin pie. Will do again. Fun to keep building on my holiday menu. As usual, I ended up past out before everyone else. Aiy. No more gin. But I love you gin.

My lamb chops.






No comments:

Post a Comment