Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend: Alamere Falls



Other coworker invited me to go hiking. She told me "local and by her place" so I was imagining some tiny hill to climb and views of the Bay. Um no. Turns out our other coworkers had Alamere Falls in mind which is somewhere in Marin. Hike is about 4 miles roundtrip, so it took us 4 hrs. It was mostly flat too, except for the cliff you have to climb down to, to get to the beach and waterfalls. I wish I had brought my swimwear for sure. No hat. No water. No hiking boots. No sunglasses. No hiking pants. Good thing my coworker told me to wear longsleeves for poison oak. No sunblock. Yeah! I got tan! Oh, one my coworkers is into botony, so I was nice watching her munch of wild strawberries, miners lettuce, and other stuff. I had some too, but cannot trust myself to identifying wild plants on my own. When will my next hike be? I always wanted to see a waterfall, fall into the ocean. Cross that off my bucket list. 


No comments:

Post a Comment