Sunday, June 15, 2014

Rituals


These are things I do to help me feel grounded.

Bar method 3x week:
Kind of crazy that I've been doing my bar method class pretty consistently for the past 6 months. 3x week. I didn't do so well, on the losing weight part, but sometimes I do feel lighter. I have a better awareness of my waist/abs. My lower back rarely bothers me anymore. Plus I feel some new muscles. And my buttocks does a look a little lifted as we say. You want an ass. Not a "th-ass." That's when your ass and thighs look like 1 thing. My posture is better. And for a good hr about 3x a week, I'm breathing well, standing straight. I'm surprised how something like breathing right is coming automatically during some of my movements. I used to have to be very aware of it. Breathing better is definitely something I need to work on and I am working on.

Jumping in my pool:
It's summer time too, so sometimes I jump in my swimming pool. It's deep. It reminds me of being back home, living in an island, where finding water to swim in is a lot easier. I like doing laps. And I always take the time to just float on the deep end on stare at the trees and just think or try to think of nothing. Sometimes looking for answers.

Grabbing Nourishing food:
The weekends for me means farmers market. I like grabbing mango rose lassis at the oakland grand ave farmers market. Flowers sometimes. And then even some wildfennel and orange salame from boccolone. And fresh fruit of course, usually strawberries, blueberries, and some kind of pitted fruit like peaches, plums, or apricots. Eggs. Kale. I think I always have Kale and cilantro in my refrigerator. Lately I've been getting into keffir water too. I've been drinking the lemon cayenne Kevita water. I just grab it from Safeway. I also like keeping my freezer stocked with chicken breast for my salads and salad greens for that too.

Hiking
Getting lost in nature. Looking at trees. Getting some sunlight. Seeing the ocean. Getting away from the craziness that our week day jobs entails. Sometimes thinking about nothing other than trying to get one foot in front of the other is a good thing.





No comments:

Post a Comment