Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happiness is. . . getting lost in nature.

Coworker invited me hiking and rule #1 is. . .never turn down an invitation. I actually don't think that is true. You are allowed to turn down invitations and sometimes it can be liberating. But anyway, I love hiking. I probably only get to do about 2 good hikes every year though. I had yet to do one up here since my move to the Bay Area. I knew it would be a good experience because well the Bay Area looks so much different from SoCal. The first Hike I did was in Fairfax which is in/near Marin. I think we were literally lost at some points, not knowing which trail to take. At one point we ended back at another trail head and just turned around. Either way, all trails were nice. I am not sure what part of trail we missed but I am sure there is a lot more. My coworker warned me that there was a 2.5 mile loop  and a 7 mile loop. Thinking about 7 miles gave me anxiety because I knew that meant we would be hiking all day. I think we averaged about a mile an hr. There were some steep parts so no fair laughing at how fast we were moving My heart has not raced that fast in a long time and I want to do the hike again to get my heart to do that again. I know it needs it. I am kinda a slow hiker. So my pals had to keep waiting for me every few hundred feet. I'm glad I did the 7 mile hike, because I've never seen scenery change so much. Dense forests, wildflower fields, lakes, waterfalls, countless foot bridges, views of the Bay. This hike had it all. The good news is if you want to take kids or dogs doing the 2.5 mile loop would be ideal, it is around the most scenic areas, and that trail is easiest to follow, plus there is a picnic area!







No comments:

Post a Comment