Thursday, April 24, 2014

Temescal Farmers Market


It's on Sundays from I believe from 9:00 AM- 1:00PM at the DMV in Temascal, Oakland. It's literally right next to me, which has always been a dream of mine to be able to walk to farmers market. I've been pretty good about going almost every week. Over the few months I've been going, I've gotten to try most the different stalls. There's a lot of produce, food stalls, and other novelties. There is usually someone playing music live music too. Be blue grass or reggae.

Here are mentions of some of my fave stalls:

I love all of Felicia Skincare's products from her beautiful handmade artisan soaps wrapped in Italian Paper, scents include Spice Orange, Lavender, and Lemon Poppy to her sugar scrubs and shea butters. I love her Eucalyptus sugar scrub. It is very therapeutic and soothing. She has other items too such as lip balm products and Salt Soaks. She usually has samples too.

Flowers: there are 2 flower stalls. I usually end up at the one that sells a ton of Peonies. (hehe you can see my boots next to it which I also love bc its designed by a San Francisco based company) I need to amp up my vase collection!
Eggs: I usually don't take to eggs very well. But for some reason I am fine with these farm raised eggs. Plus he sells chicken eggs that have a shade of blue. Blue from chicken diet. So pretty.

Blue Bottle: Their cart comes over! Nothing is better than waking up on a Sunday and remember that there is coffee right outside my place! And it's Blue bottle! It's like Hallelujah!

Other yummy stuffs:

Sheep creme fraiche.

Bocolone Salami

Cholita Linda Fish Tacos

Living Apothecary (see past post)

There's someone who sells soup. I usually come home with a cup! Lentil and carrot soup is what they have been having recently.

Citrus dude: All sorts of citrus and many of their own varietals. And lotsa samples!

Phoenix Pasta (see past post)

Feel Good Bakery: but dammit they don't bring their macarons! which are like the softest macarons ever. I should ask them to.

And...many more!

Lotsa parking at the DMV.

Oh and I forgot to mention. I think my favorite part of going to the farmers is showing up in my big hat and tote bag (a gift from my bro in law from london), sun dress, and my sandal clogs. I love walking in my clogs. It's like clunk clunk clunk "Here I am!" And don't mind the pic on my bed. I was trying to demonstrate that I am wearing an Ikat printed dress on Ikat printed sheets.



No comments:

Post a Comment