Saturday, April 5, 2014

Pantry staple: Fresh pasta

So..so far. I may sound like I only eat dishes with rice. Not true. While, yes, rice may be my favorite grain. I love pasta! Or rather noodles. I make ramen or a pasta dish probably once a week. Have you tried fresh pasta? I love the bite of fresh pasta. I actually crave for that texture, not just simply pasta. My favorite source for fresh pasta is Pheonix Pacifico. Their kitchen is located in Berkeley. I have yet to visit their kitchen, because they were closed the one day I went. So...I wait for them to arrive to my doorstep at the Temescal Farmers Market in Oakland. I think my fridge always has a batch of one their pastas. I love their linguine cut the best. My favorite flavor is their Habenero and Yellow Pepper Pasta. I'm addicted to the taste and heat habenero. The have other flavors as well such as Garlic Parsley, Meyer Lemon, and Portabella Mushroom pasta. 12 oz of pasta will set you back about $7. I will do a variety of things to the pasta including making a bolognese sauce with an Italian sausage, mushrooms, tomato, and red wine sauce. The lemon and parsley  pasta go well with more lemon, cheese (try goat chevre or grated parmesan), and green veggies, such as brocollini or asparagus.  Here are photos of their pasta before I turn in into something awesome.




No comments:

Post a Comment