Sunday, September 21, 2014

Dinner and drinks in the Mission

I planned dinner with sister, baby, and a few coworkers a few months ago. We stopped by Lolo's for southern Mexican cuisine. And then Chino's for Contemporary Asian cuisine. Both are good small bites plus drink kind of places. Are you seeing a trend here? Yeah. I like places with drinks and small bites. Hah. I just realized it's just another way I have turned into my dad. 

Too cute these 2! And thier outfits totally matched the theme of both restaurants we ate at. Lolo's had a lot of "green" upcycled art. Take a look at everything. The lamps were made out of buckets. A lot of doggie art. Tire rims. Just a fun place. And of course they have Mezcal. Yum. 
This has corn fungus w pasta in a green sauce. It sounds much nicer in it's native name (huiteloche?)I've heard it been compared to truffles. I had to get. 
Obligatory Brussel sprouts: 
Squid ink 
And then even after all this food we walked to Chinos. This is the only pic I have from chinos apparently left in my phone. It's a paper fortune teller. Fun. We were full by the time we got there! But they were nice enough to give us wings and lumpia on the house! Uh Yeah! Thank you! Also "Yay" for boba cocktails! Sounds awesome but all my balls ended up frozen and drink was super sweet which is would be ok if I wasn't so full! Frozen boba balls is not always a bad thing though. 




No comments:

Post a Comment