Thursday, September 11, 2014

Nesting mood


Pic: savory french toast with eggplant, tomato, and runny eggs. 

Not sure why I got into a homemaking mood this week. This means I cooked well, cleaned, and things for my home. 
Maybe it's because I've been having the occasional guest over or maybe I'm just simply in the mood. 

Plants
I love having some type of plant in my home, be it orchids, fresh flowers, or succulents. This time I went for a cactus, baby succulent, and Venus fly trap.

Home good
Found these cool kitchenaid nesting bowls with lids. I could use it to bring food to work or store food or use it while prepping. Very versatile. Will show you pic soon. I got other stuff too like cupcake pans and a large cookie sheet pan for when I feel like baking! And just other objects to help things feel like they are in it's place. Why does that make me so happy?

Artwork
Moved my black and white Marilyn poster to my room. So that the gray colors run through out the room. And I got a blue octopus piece for my living room. So that it goes with my mermaid piece that has mostly blue too and my blue bubbles on my wall. 

Coffee table books
I got a coloring book for adults with the neatest artist collaborating in it to be colored. Isn't they better than a coffee table cook? Have guest color if they want to!

Food
I made salads everyday this week for work. See something about healthy food does not look right on my feed! But I also made a good eggplant, wine, and grassfed beef sauce with stock and fresh bucatini. I even got up early and made this awesome open face egg on french toast. Good use for stale bread! This is salad I ate everyday at work. It's mixed greens, avocados, pea shoots, almonds, sprouted garbanzo beans, heirloom tomatoes,  and a little mint and parsley. I then used Amphora Nueva tangerine balsamic vinegar and blood orange evoo for for dressing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment