Monday, September 1, 2014

Kbbq night + fentons

I planned a kbbq night recently. I must have been missing LA Huh? Everyone warned me, "it's not as good as LA up here". I did my research and ended up with a reservation at Koryo BBQ. I was expecting bad service. And that's what we got!  The manager runs the show all by himself on a Saturday night. Aiy! That's crazy because you  want food to keep coming for kbbq.  The meat was good though. A good number of banchan was offered but wish they offered the good stuff such as egg caserole or soup. Place has been revamped recently so space is nice. My guest were not happy with having only 1 grill in the middle though. Also the outside of thier restaurant says "charcoal" grill. We had gas grills. I knew all this before I picked the the place but still chose it for ambiance and thier offering of all you can eat. Plus the owner was nice, just that there needs to be 2 more of him. 
We got to end the night with a good note at fentons creamery. First time I've dined in and I enjoyed it. Expect to be transported to the 1950s so a lot of classic American flavors such as rocky road and chocolate.  Ice cream is light and smooth. Servings are humongous! They also offer classic diner foods such as fries and burgers. Sweet and salty. Yah!
We got a slice of blueberry pie with a scoop of almond ice cream! Thumbs up! Crust is flaky. The almond flavor of the ice cream was different and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment