Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yay. Alva will be closer

One of my friends, Alva, has spent a good time traveling and working abroad. I've gone to school with her since preschool, and decided I want to hang out around with her more around middle school when we became classmates. When we went to high school we were the only 2 in our group from middle school that ended up in our high school together. And then I also followed her to the same university in college, became dorm mates and then roommates even off campus. And then pretty much after that she caught the travel bug and has not stayed put anywhere for too long. But she decided to try settling stateside again. Unfortunately she will still be a little far away in Minnesota for now. Not sure if Cali will ever lure her back. She visited me over the summer to get a feel for it and in the end was not sure. Plus the job market in the education field in the state is tough. Happy to have you back Alva! 
Here's a recap of her trip her over the summer. 
Us at cha cha cha cha (hey funny we used to take cha cha lessons together. It was really ballroom dancing classes but I only got as far as the waltz and the cha cha) 

We went up to sacramento to see another high school buddy. Here's me at Capitol. 
I took her to Muir woods. We did the main walk and then went off into the dipsea trail. I like the main trail way better. Larger trees plus the stream. (I know where are pics of Alva?) 
We were able to celebrate another old friend's bday. You see the couples? And then her and I? Haha. Maybe this will be us forever. And I'm kinda ok with that. I've considered following her to Minnesota too (hah).
Met one her friends that she met while abroad at Outer Lands in the outer Sunset. You must go. Chef is now Bayani, who've I've mentioned in another post. I think I got too tipsy at thier bar. Place was renovated recently. And covered in the owner's personal collection of wood. (Heh)
Persian food at Lavash with our friend from Guam, Markie plus his fiancĂ©. 





No comments:

Post a Comment