Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Painting the town red

Rockridge
My little town. I loved it when I first visited and I still do too, plus it's accessible by Bart. Neighborhood is definitely gentrified as my boss described it as a a really scary place to be in the 90s. I like it for it's neighborhood feeling. I would not mind living in one of the old craftsmen homes that line the streets.  
Since I've been getting off a little earlier now, I've able to stop by a few local joints. Here are a few recommendations for libations and food in the area. 

Trappist provisions 
This is an offshoot of thier original bar in downtown Oaklamd. This place is for the beer lover. They have a few beers on tap that is always changing and also a refrigerator to pick bottles from. Bartender is very informative. They also have interesting snacks to match your beer such as pickles, nuts, and cheese. I love the simple design of the space too. 
Photo of on tap beer at the bar. 
Drinks from their refrigerator:

Toast
While many come for breakfast. Toast has a pretty good bar area 
See look bar. Plus they have a happy hr.
Bourbon and beef
I've ended up countless of times. The good service brings me back. And there are always specials. Be it happy hr, bottomless mimosas or a living social deal. This drink is called "warm winter." Food is good too. A lot of Latin influenced cuisine and one of the best French onion soups I've had.

Osmanthus
Which I have mentioned before. But they have good cocktails too. I love the interior decor of this place. Feels like China circa 1930s. Did I just discribe a hipster Asian place? I think I just did. 
Do you like tiki bars? I mean who doesn't. There is this super tiny place that is easy to miss called Conga Lounge. This is a stumbling islander: 

A coté
A cute French place. So expect good cheese plates and other French classics. We were crazy here and ordered fries with garlic aoili after dessert. Needed salt after our sweet! 


Box and Bells
Box and Bells I will have to return to try cocktails and food. Because all I got was a dessert plus beer. But the dessert was really good. It had a malty taste to it. Which i love. 


No comments:

Post a Comment